There are so many reasons why you should choose Monnit, it's hard to list them all!
Here are a few ways Monnit customers are currently using Monnit Wireless Sensors.
- Boiler temperature monitoring to detect boiler failures or excessive heating.
- Warehouse temperature monitoring to avoid frozen fire suppression systems.
- Monitor vacant commercial property temperatures to avoid frozen pipes.
- Summer/winter (vacation) property monitoring for frozen pipes or excessive heat.
- HVAC system monitoring to detect failures or heating / cooling issues.
- Monitor temperature of K9 units (dog collar's and kennel).
- Art gallery and museum temperature monitoring.
- Art gallery and museum humidity monitoring.
- Art gallery and museum light metering.
- Heat remediation of bed bugs (extermination).
- Freezer and cooler temperature monitoring to detect failure and prevent food spoilage.
- Server room temperature monitoring.
- Cadaver storage cooler temperature monitoring.
- Greenhouse temperature and humidity monitoring.
- Hotel, motel and resort water heater leak detection.
- Residential and commercial water heater leak detection.
- Sink and toilet leak detection.
- Frozen or burst water pipe monitoring.
- Reservoir level monitoring.
- Sump and well monitoring.
- Basement water monitoring.
- Boat bilge pump monitoring.
- Commercial property "lights left on" electricity management.
- Residential property "lights left on"electricity management.
- Greenhouse solar and light level tracking.
- Commercial property door and window access.
- Residential property door and window access.
- Bank owned foreclosure properties access monitoring.
- Restricted area monitoring.
- Shipping cargo bay door monitoring.
- Garage door monitoring.
- Asset tracking and monitoring.
- Location tracking of school buses.
- Fleet vehicle management and tracking.
- Machinery and motor RPM tracking.
- Production line position tracking.
- Barn door access monitoring.
- Pharmaceutical refrigerator temperature tracking and monitoring.
- Restaurant freezer / cooler temperature monitoring.
- Freezer / cooler doors left open.
- Convenience store cooler doors (to determine if they are not closed all the way).
- Forklift seat switches.
- Motor and machinery monitoring to determine how often a machine is in use.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Humidor monitoring.
- Customer service request button.
- Hotel / motel front desk call button.
- Bathroom needs cleaning (service call button).
Want to know how Monnit Wireless Sensors can benefit you? Contact Us
Monnit’s new wireless range extenders and latest wireless sensors (featured in this newsletter), allow for enhanced network communication. The new wireless range extenders can also be chained together to allow for even further range of your wireless sensor network. The following steps will demonstrate how to add wireless range extenders to your sensor network, and how that sensor network will function using the range extender(s).
Communication path for sensors on a network with a range extender.
When using sensors with a wireless range extender, the sensors will automatically connect to the device with the strongest signal. The range extender should be placed between the sensor and the gateway.
If the sensor detects a stronger signal from the range extender, it will automatically connect to the range extender.
If the sensor detects a stronger signal from the gateway, it will automatically connect to the gateway and ignore the range extender.
If the sensor network has multiple range extenders, the same principle applies. If the sensor detects the signal from one range extender is stronger than another range extender or gateway, it will automatically connect to that range extender. The range extender on the network will function the same way, looking for the strongest signal of another range extender or gateway to communicate with.
Monnit wireless sensors communicate via RF (radio frequency) and it is important to note that the metal construction of most coolers and freezers can interfere with radio signal. It is also important to note that the temperatures inside of coolers and freezers can often be below the recommended operating temperature of the batteries used in Monnit wireless sensors. Due to these facts we recommend installing the wireless sensors outside of the walk-in cooler to ensure proper operation.
To get started, we suggest purchasing a Monnit HVAC Monitoring starter bundle as it will include all the devices needed to remotely monitor one HVAC or boiler system. Alternately you can purchase the devices separately if you wish to use a different gateway or coin cell version of some sensors for the indoor portion of the installation.
The devices we recommend are:
1 - Wireless Gateway
1 - Industrial Wireless Quad Temperature Sensor
1 - Industrial Wireless AC Current Meter (150 Amp)
1 - Wireless Duct Temperature Sensor
1 - Wireless Temperature Sensor